“Choosing a child care provider is a big decision.”
YMCA Child Care Resource & Referral
The YMCA CCRR is funded by the Province of British Columbia, and administered by the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
Address: Metrotown Community Resource Centre 4460 Beresford Street Burnaby BC, V5H 0B8
Offer various types of support for families searching for child care including:
- Child care referrals based on your family’s individual needs from our database of licensed family or group child care, or registered licence not required (RLNR) family child care providers
- Information and assistance regarding the provincial Child Care Subsidy
- Tips on how to choose and evaluate child care programs
- An informative and fun blog that includes parent articles, educational opportunities and family events
- Information about local community resources and programs, such as family drop-ins, public health nurses, early intervention programs and much more
City school district partnership to create new child care centres
In 2014, the City and Burnaby School District signed an agreement to build up to 12 child care centres on school sites throughout Burnaby. Under the agreement, the City will provide capital funding through its community benefit bonus funds, the School District will provide land, and locally-based non-profit organizations will operate the centres.
So far, these 7 child care centres have opened or are about to open. These centres will be operated by non-profit societies.
Find out about the different types of licensed child care program and licensing requirements. Safe, quality, child care that fits your child and you. Or, are you applying for a license? Looking for a child care facility in your area? Check out their website.
- The Child Care Resources Group main function is to:
- Serve as an advisory body to the Social Issues Committee on child care policies, services and programs;
- Assist with the development of Burn by child care policies, services and programs; and
- Act as an advocate for child care services and programs in Burnaby.
Find out more about services and resources!