These should all be links to either posts or PDFs, they do not link out to further pages.
10 things every parent should know about play!
- Talk to children about window and balcony safety.
- Window screens are not strong enough to hold the weight of a child – they keep bugs out, not children in.
- Move furniture and planters away from windows and balcony edges to discourage children from climbing, especially cribs and beds.
- Install and maintain window safety devices – ensure there is a safe release option in case of a house fire.
- Keep windows open 10 centimetres or less – children can fit through a space as small as 12 centimetres.
- Don’t leave children unattended on balconies or in higher floor rooms with open windows.